Here’s your chance to join a fun-loving team that doesn’t take themselves too seriously! We’re looking to add the right personality to our Walla Walla Tasting Room crew. While wine experience isn’t a required, a sense of humor is. This part-time position starts soon, so don’t hesitate to apply!
About Dusted Valley
Dusted Valley is a family-owned and operated winery that was established in the world-renowned Walla Walla Valley wine region in 2003. Today, Dusted Valley farms three estate vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley, partners with several other top-growers throughout Eastern Washington, and currently has three tasting rooms: Walla Walla, Woodinville and Edmonds. As a family-owned small business, we take great pride in getting to know our team members and fostering a work environment that values their professional and personal growth. The tasting room is a fun, relaxed space focused on providing memorable experiences that exceed our guest’s expectations.
Dusted Valley is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusivity and connectedness, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Dusted Valley is looking for a positive team-player with excellent hospitality skills and a “can do” attitude. Our Tasting Room Associate will work directly with the Hospitality Manager, Director of DTC & Marketing and Owners. This position requires excellent communication, organizational skills, sales skills, flexibility, and initiative to master the daily operational tasks of the Dusted Valley Walla Walla Tasting Room and the attainment of Stained Tooth Society wine club membership. This is a great position for someone with an interest in the wine industry looking to expand their wine and hospitality experience.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Learns and masters Tasting Room systems and policies, in compliance with WA State Law and Dusted Valley policies.
- Opens/Closes Tasting Room with proficiency in creating opening/closing reports and completing associated operational tasks
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to act as an ambassador representing the branding and philosophy of the company
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills in fast-paced, hospitality, winery or restaurant setting
- Demonstrates ability to establish strong relationships with a wide range of demographic segments
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Point of Sale (POS) experience for fast-paced retail sales preferred
- Positive, professional attitude with the ability to focus on the tasks at hand
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, as well as carry out direction from management
- Possesses strong coachability; receives direction well within individual and team environments
- Shows initiative; is a self-starter
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for WA wine industry and committed to expand knowledge
- Possesses sense of humor!
- Must be available to work weekends and early evenings; may also work special events at tasting room
- Has own reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 45 pounds repeatedly
- Maintains or will acquire MAST 12 certification (WSLCB)
- Maintains or will acquire Walla Walla Co Health Department’s Food Handler’s Permit
What We Offer
- Wage: $16.30/hr + tips ($5-8/hr) + wine club sign up bonus.
- Outstanding discounts for wine
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment, ensuring all safety protocols are rigorously adhered to
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter indicating their interest along with résumé to Abby Marett, Hospitality Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org